Ginger root herbal tincture can be prepared using the fresh root or the dried root. Herbal tinctures are medicines created to prolong the life of the medicinal benefits of an herb. Tinctures can be stored at room temperature for several years. Ginger root herbal tincture is used to treat the following health conditions:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
1. Chop 1/2 cup fresh ginger root or 1/4 cup dried ginger root. The root can be chopped using a food processor or a coffee grinder.
2. Place the ginger root into a sterile wide mouth glass jar with a lid.
3. If you used fresh ginger root, add 1 cup of vodka to the jar.
If you used dried ginger root, add 2/3 cup of vodka and 1/3 cup of water to the jar.
4. Seal the jar with the lid. Label the jar with the contents and date of preparation.
5. Shake the jar well each day for 2 weeks.
6. At the end of 2 weeks, strain the ginger root from the herbal tincture using cheese cloth.
7. Place the herbal tincture in a dark colored glass bottle with a dropper. Label the bottle "ginger root tincture" and with the date of preparation.
8. The adult dose of ginger root herbal tincture is 3 ml added to warm water as needed.
9. Ginger root herbal tincture will last several years.