Herbal Medicine: How to Make Plantain Herbal Tinctures
Tinctures are herbal plant medicines that are prepared by soaking the plant material in alcohol, usually vodka, for a given period of time. Plantain tincture is often prepared and used to treat sore throats and boosting immunity.
1. Grind the fresh plantain flowers and leaves. This can be done in any food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Measure and place the leaves and flowers in a sterile mason jar.
3. For each 1 part fresh plantain, add 2 parts of vodka to the mason jar.
4. Seal with a tight lid. Label with the contents and the date of preparation.
5. Shake the plantain tincture daily for 2 weeks.
6. After 2 weeks has passed, strain the herb from the tincture.
7. Pour the tincture into dark colored glass bottles with a dropper lid. Label with the contents and the date of preparation.
8. The adult dose of plantain tincture is 2 ml per dose and 3 doses per day.