Herbal Medicine: How to Make Peppermint Herbal Tinctures
1. Grind 1/4 cup dried peppermint leaves and stems. This can be done with a food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Place the dried, ground peppermint leaf in a sterile canning jar.
3. Add 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup vodka to the canning jar.
4. Seal the jar tightly with a lid. Label with the herbal contents and date.
5. Shake the jar well each day for 2 weeks.
6. After 2 weeks has passed, strain the peppermint from the tincture using cheese cloth.
7. Pour the peppermint herbal tincture into a dark colored glass bottle with a dropper.
8. Label the bottle with the contents and the date of preparation.
9. Herbal peppermint tincture will last several years.
10. The adult dose for peppermint tincture is 2 ml per day - 3 times daily.