Herbal creams can be made and used for skin care, first aid, bites & stings, and fungal infections. Preparing your own herbal creams at home can be fun and it is another great use for those herbs in your garden. If you don't grow your own herbs, you can purchase dried herbs at any health food store.
1. You will need 1 cup of oil infused with herbs. Consult the resource section below for the instructions. Infusing oil with herbs takes approximately 10 days.
2. Melt 1/2 cup of cocoa butter and allow it to cool. The cocoa butter should be as cool as possible without becoming solid.
3. Place the cup of infused oil in a chilled mixing bowl along with the cocoa butter.
4. Mix the ingredients on high speed.
5. With the electric mixer running add 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
6. If the ingredients do not reach a creamy consistency, put the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and then blend on high speed again.
7. Repeat step 6 until your cream reaches the desired consistency.
8. Place the herbal cream in sterile glass jars.
9. Label the cream with the herbal contents and date of preparation.
10. Herbal creams last approximately 2 months in the refrigerator.